As we head into a new decade (or was that last year), make sure your website reflects the times. If your site was designed more than two years ago, it’s probably due for a facelift. Don’t be the website that is “so last decade”. Not sure where to start? Here are a few helpful tips from USNX to get 2011 started off right.
- Listen to customer and client feedback – even ask your friends to critique your website. Once you’ve heard what they have to say, update your site accordingly.
- Stay on top of your updates! Keep your content fresh. Search engines do notice when updates are made.
- Look at website traffic stats to see where improvements need to be made and…yes, make those improvements!
- Pretend you are the customer. Look at your site as if you are a potential customer. Is the information you want or need easy to find?
- Cross link. Cross link. Cross link. Is your website address on your brochure and business cards? How about on your television/radio/print ads? Does your site link to your Facebook and Twitter accounts? Do you link to new blog posts from Facebook? Did you post your television ad on YouTube and link to it from Facebook, Twitter, and your website? You get the idea.
- Give people a reason to come back to your site. Your business philosophy and location generally doesn’t change, so you may need to think outside the box. Frequent blog posts, tips, contests, and links to interesting news articles or other blogs in your industry can all keep users returning.
We would love to hear what works for you! Please feel free to post any helpful tips you may have below or join the chat on our Facebook page.
Happy new year from USNX!